In this week’s episode of the Brand Ballers Podcast, Mike and I are going to continue talking about video, and how video can be used to build your brand and grow your business. Today we’re going to discuss how you can get started making professional videos with your phone.
The importance of using a phone to make videos
- More like why you should use your phone… Phones have become more and more powerful, combining a high quality camera, editing capability, voice recorder for narration and portability into a common device that most people either have, or can relatively easily afford.
- Ease of use… Can be used almost anywhere, anytime, eliminating the excuse of not having a camera to make a video with; social sites like Snapchat, Periscope, Facebook Live and Instagram’s Stories have made it easy to create and share content with the world through video; apps like Mike’s Paws Pause make it easy to create quick videos; video editing apps make it easy to produce videos whenever you choose; how I started out was using my iPhone 4 to film and editing while taking the subway.
- Don’t get left behind… Your competition isn’t going to wait for you to get into video before they get into video; use the tools you have; your phone is always at your disposal; even Bentley used the iPhone 5s to make a commercial for one of their cars.
Actionable steps to take away from podcast
- Learn to use your phone’s video function; use native camera app, try the different resolutions, quality settings, slo-mo, time lapse, etc.; know your tool
- Get a tripod and phone mount to shoot steady video; watch my video “Top 4 Video Production Mistakes to Avoid” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri2OYN8cv6o; two mistakes mentioned are composition/framing, don’t get down too low and being too close to background.
- Make a video that shows what your brand is all about; make 30 second video with 5-10 different clips that represent your brand; use voice recording app to narrate your video; edit on your phone.
Thanks for listening! If you’d like us to touch upon a particular topic on an upcoming podcast, send us a message.
Have a great day!