The secret podcast I've been doing with Mike Miello is up to episode 24, and this week we continue with our series on blogging for business by talking about finding a content form that's good for your audience. Have a listen and let me know your thoughts. https://soundcloud.com/brandballers-podcast/content-form
Podcast Show Notes: In last week’s episode we talked about high-level planning for blogging, which is part of our 6 episode series on Blogging for Business. Just to mention those six topics again, they are:
- High-level planning
- Find a content form that your audience will like
- Find a tone of voice
- Find a process
- Find a process to promote your blog after you’ve created something
- Find out if what you’re doing is actually any good (measuring if it’s working)
Today we will talk about finding a content form your audience will like.
The importance of choosing the right form of content
- Keeps you focused, organized and knowing what you have to do; lets you systematize your content creation process; keeps you from not jumping around
- Helps your audience know what to expect from you
- Identifies your niche/specialty
- Allows you to connect more effectively with your audience because you can communicate clearly with your audience based on what/how they prefer to be communicated to. For example, why we chose a podcast; why Edutige uses video.
- What’s best for you in terms of producing content; what are you comfortable with or able to do.
Actionable steps to take away from podcast
- Decide on the right form. Ask: What do you like? What types of content or formats do you prefer? What would you be comfortable or able to produce regularly? Be realistic. Consider what we said about Carl’s time commitment and The Smoking Tire dude's revelation.
- Research and plan out your initial batch of topics; around 10-20 topics to start.
- Set a deadline for when you will complete the above tasks; make it a part of your regular routine, a part of your regular business tasks.
Thanks for listening! If you’d like us to touch upon a particular topic on an upcoming podcast, send us a message with your question or suggestion.
Have a great day!