Originally appeared on http://www.webodew.com/user-experience-affects-branding/ https://soundcloud.com/brandballers-podcast/user-experience-affects-branding
The importance of good user experience on your website and how this affects your brand
- I hate and maybe others can relate having to call customer support of a big company - speaking to robots and waiting for who knows how long isn’t fun.
- The experience is just bad. And by bad I mean, I’m never smiling or happy to be on hold for a representative.
- It’s not cool. It’s a bad experience.
- How does this affect your brand?
- An experience is what people remember. So when it comes to your website, how will people feel. Good, calm, excited, annoyed, frustrated, confused.
- Elements of user experience
- Usability, accessibility, performance, design
- Usually if people can get information they need quickly and easily, then you’re doing a great job
- Taglines focused on major problem are great for branding - without wasting someone’s time, they know what you’re service is about
- One page vs Multi-site page
- The advantage of one page sites is less content and you try to encapsulate everything into one page. Quick approach. Not trying to say more than what’s necessary.
- The advantage of a multipage website is that you can go more in depth with explanations of your products and services. This is more like writing a book. The advantage is that you have more details for your audience and also for Google. And so if you want people to naturally come to your website because of something they search, you’ll being using this technique.
- Like a brochure where you try to explain a product or service on a piece of paper.
Actionable steps to take away from podcast
- Start with a smaller website and build it up. Many successful websites are one page that make it quick and easy for people to listen.
- Make it easy for your audience to take actions. So if you want people to call you, make your phone number easily accessible. Carl you put yours at the top of every page so that people can easily contact you.
- Make sure each page has a call to action. It helps keep the person moving forward.
Thanks for listening! If you’d like us to touch upon a particular topic on an upcoming podcast, send us a message.
Have a great day!