https://soundcloud.com/brandballers-podcast/unexpected-ness-conclusions Show Notes:
In this week's episode of the Brand Ballers Podcast, we’re wrapping up our series on how companies have built their brands in unexpected ways.
The importance of doing the unexpected to build your brand
- It can bring new opportunities.
- It builds a story that people can remember.
- People recognize you for something that can build upon your current brand.
Actionable steps to take away from podcast
- Study what others in your industry are doing, or have been doing, and see if there is something you can do that other aren’t doing. Or that they have a fear of doing. Ex. Realtors don’t want to disclose too much information about a property online for fear that other realtors will use that information with their own clients.
- Borrow from non-related industries. If the industry you are in always does things in a certain way, you can disrupt that by borrowing ideas from a totally different industry. Ex. Law firms that practice “new law” brand themselves as approachable, cost effective, friendly, looking out for their clients ahead of all else.
- Be true to yourself, be authentic.
Thanks for listening! If you’d like us to touch upon a particular topic on an upcoming podcast, send us a message.
Have a great day!