In this week's episode of the Brand Ballers Podcast, we’re going to discuss what it takes to actually get business with your videos, and specifically, the tipping point for video marketing success.
So what are some important things we should know about video marketing success?
The importance of using videos as lead generation tools
- Video is powerful; Stats on insivia.com: 90% of users say a video about a product is helpful in the decision making process; 65% of executives visit the marketer’s website and 39% call a vendor after viewing a video according to Forbes; Forrester researcher Dr. James McQuivey estimates that one minute of video is equal to 1.8 million words; 75% of executives watch work-related videos on business websites at least once a week.
- Videos have multiple functions: 1. Should answer the questions and/or objections of your target market; 2. Educate to help your customers learn more about a certain topic or make it easier to choose.
- Understand that video marketing is playing the long game and that you need to be consistently cranking out videos;
- Tipping point for success is different for every business/industry; depends on how much information your customer’s need, competing products/services, how well they identify with and trust your brand.
Actionable steps to take away from podcast
- Plan on videos that fit the viewer’s stage in the buying process; talk about processes, how/why questions; demos;
- When preparing videos, ask why someone would want to watch the video, as in what will they gain from watching the video. This should be clear and will help you stay focused, as well as make the video more interesting and engaging for your viewers.
- Be consistent with your video content and continuously look to be faster and better. Benefits: 1. Let’s people know the lights are on, that you’re relevant; 2. Separates you from your competition; 3. Reduces time and cost to produce videos.
Thanks for listening! If you’d like us to touch upon a particular topic on an upcoming podcast, send us a message.
Have a great day!
Most of this post was originally published on Mike's website: http://www.webodew.com/video-as-a-sales-tool/